Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26

Today's Reading

Judges. Gideon struggled with God's plan for him. He looked at his own abilities and doubted. Have you done that? Before judging Gideon for his lack of faith in requesting twice for the fleece to show him God's will, remember the spiritual darkness of his generation. I have observed that it becomes more challenging to walk by the light when I am surrounded by darkness.

This passage also includes another name for God. What do you think of it?

Luke. Peter's denials, Pilate's ambivalence and Herod's mockery are the painful exclamation points to this passage.

Psalm 95 and 96 are awesome, don't you think? I am moved by the words, "Don't harden your hearts as Israel did..."

Proverbs reminds us to speak the truth. The New Testament adds that we must do it with love.

Okay, you guys. I'd love to hear from you today! Thoughts? Questions?

3 comments:

  1. Gideon's question to the angel of the Lord sounds all too familiar - If the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all the miracles our ancestors told us about? It seems I've used these questions before. The angels answers sum up what our response should be - go with the strength you have, I am sending you, I will be with you. I like the phrase, "go with the strength you have". Sometimes that's not much strength, but isn't that what the Lord means when He says that all we need is faith as small as a tiny mustard seed? Isn't that what God means when He talks about His strength being made perfect in our weakness? I'm so grateful that I don't have to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point, Ranelle.

    I think it's amazing who God chooses to use to carry out His will. Gideon was the least of his family, from the weakest tribe, yet he was chosen by God to rescue the Israelites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wisdom from you both. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete