Tuesday, February 10, 2009

February 10

Today's Reading

Exodus: hmmmm, what do you think all these things meant? Incense, anointing oil made especially for the priests. The priests had to wash before they came into the Lord's presence. How about God's strict command regarding the Sabbath? Join in and tell us your thoughts.

It fascinates me that Jesus remained silent to the trumped-up charges today in Matthew. However, He answered truthfully the far more serious charge about whether He was Messiah. What clue does that give you about how we should answer those who accuse us?

Psalms 32: oh, the joy of sweet release when I finally let go of my sins and let God cleanse me!

Proverbs: "I was the architect at His side..." I never saw those words before. God created and used Wisdom as the designer. Wow!

Climbing Companions! How are you? Please let me hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Psalms really spoke to me today. Especially,
    "When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat."

    I have my little collection of favorite sins and, as much as I try to avoid them, I still fall to them time and again. I rarely realize what's happening until I'm groaning under the weight of God's discipline and my strength has all but evaporated.

    Then I crawl to God and he helps me see my own rebellion. Then I can, once again, put my focus back on God. I hate the weight of discipline, but I'm thankful for it.

    ReplyDelete