Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19

Today's Reading

Leviticus: the Priests were ordained, including washing (symbolizing the righteousness of Christ), oil (symbol of the Holy Spirit) and blood (symbolizing the ultimate sacrifice for sins). Then they took seven days with the Lord before they began to minister. They prepared and God showed up! Wow!

Mark: I want my heart to be good soil, Lord.

Psalms: What difference do you notice between God's treatment of the wicked vs. those who trust in Him and do good?

Proverbs contains a warning that we must not be paralyzed by our current circumstances, but choose right living each day.

Our reading seemed a bit shorter today. I hope it gives you time to ponder. Comments?

4 comments:

  1. I love Psalms 37:23, "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." It's so amazing (and a big relief) that God cares about every detail of my life. I never have to feel silly or like I'm wasting God's time when I go to him with anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I'm not totally sure, but it was sometimes called the bread of the Presence. Perhaps it indicated God's presence and provision for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the words in Psalms 37:24, "Though they stumble they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." How awesome and reassuring to me. It makes me think of my kids holding my hand. I love the feeling of looking down and seeing that they trust I won't let anything happen to them. I hope the Lord delights in me that way too.

    ReplyDelete