Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 26

Today's Reading

The various laws in Leviticus today cover a wide range of topics. Here's a challenge for you: decide which one speaks the most to you personally.

Mark: "If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” Today's passage is one important lesson after another, but what a conclusion! I don't know about you, but I have had moments in my life when I was ashamed.

Today's Psalm reminds me of Jesus' words from the cross: "My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?" I think that was because the weight of our sins made Jesus fully experience what we experience. Is it that God has forsaken us or that we feel forsaken?

Proverbs: accepting discipline is a sign of maturity.

The communication lines have been quiet lately. I would love to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. I find it interesting when Jesus heals the blind man, it isn't done with one take, it is completed on the second attempt. The first attempt the man says he "sees trees" thus his vision is blury. Then on the second action by Jesus the man's sight is restored. We know that God can heal the man on the first take; therefore, the question begs why did it take two times? I don't know but sometimes we simply need to trust God when things don't make sense and he will ultimately carry out His Will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Psalms today I noticed that David does a lot of talking to his own soul. I LOVE that. First of all because sometimes I talk to myself and secondly, because it's like he is talking it through. Even though his soul is feeling downcast and disturbed, he knows where his hope is and reminds himself to put his hope in God and to praise God. He then remembers God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am refeshed agin, being back in the scriptures with the group. I enjoyed Ranell's comments about David. I understand talking things through. Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete