Saturday, February 14, 2009

February 14

Today's Reading

Happy Valentine's Day! May you bask in the love of Christ today.

Exodus: given the high value of precious metals, what do you think of the materials used to construct the tabernacle?

In Matthew today, notice the various reactions of the women, the guards and the religious leaders.

I was very moved by the first part of this Psalm, which we read yesterday. By the end of the day, I had referred to it in my own life and suggested it to others who were facing difficulties. Today, this spoke to me...

19 The righteous person faces many troubles,
but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.



Proverbs reminds us that it's the wise who will listen to wisdom. Fools won't.

I hope to hear from you today.

1 comment:

  1. I am close to facing one of those times of trouble. A move from Yuma is imminent and to tell you the truth, I've had quite a few tears over that already. I love the people of Yuma so much that my heart hurts to think of leaving them, BUT I know that the Lord will come to our rescue and pull us through this time just like He has in the past with other moves. We will face trouble, but we have a promise from God. Now that is HOPE.

    ReplyDelete