Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6

Today's Reading

Today in Exodus, we read about three Festivals celebrating God's provision for His people. Then we see a promise about how God will go before them when then enter the Promised Land. Next God calls key leaders near to show them some of His work and validate Moses as their leader. Finally, He gives instructions about the Tabernacle -- the worship tent they are to take with them.

Matthew contains Jesus' warning that we must always be ready for His return. I fail on that one sometimes. Do you?

When I'm doing well, may I remember how much I need the Lord. When things are hard, may I remember that joy will return. What a great Psalm!

Proverbs: more warnings about the danger of immorality.

I look forward to your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Why, do you think, God has/gives such specific requirements for the tabernacle? Did the humans need it that way for a purpose, did God *need* it that way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could the answer be "both"? The design of the tabernacle -- and later the temple -- are somehow a reflection of God's throne in eternity. At least that's what I believe, Julie.

    ReplyDelete