Monday, February 9, 2009

February 9

Today's Reading

Today in Exodus we read about the ordination of the High Priest. Notice how much blood is shed to cover everyone and everything consecrated for worship. Following that is the instruction for the incense (represents prayer/intercession) altar.

Betrayal. The Supper. Gethsemane. All are packed into this night of Jesus' life and recorded in Matthew.

Psalms reminds us again today that God protects and provides for those who fear Him. Do you get the idea that He might want us to lay hold of this truth, given how many times we have already read it?

Proverbs: again, wisdom cries out for us to hear. It reminds me of the town criers who brought the news to the people before newspapers. They went through the cities and towns "crying" the news. Preceded by words like "Hear ye, hear ye..." they first got the peoples attention, then gave the info they were to deliver. In a way, that's what Proverbs has been doing. We are almost to the rich content of the message!

Today, I hope to Hear YE!

2 comments:

  1. It is so precious to read in the Old Testament about all of the blood that was poured, placed and sprinkled around as part of the old covenant and then on the same day, read in the New Testament of the blood that would be "poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." This blood was Jesus' blood - blood of the new covenant.
    Also, in the NIV translation it says in verse 30 that they sung a hymn before they went out to the Mount of Olives. I would have LOVED to hear them sing that hymn. I wonder what Jesus' voice sounded like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the passages in Matthew I feel sadness and the anguish of Jesus. I am thankful that he was willing to give his life for us, and gave his life for us. The verses just grab my heart and pull on it. I wish I had the strength he had to say, let you will be done. I struggle with God's will verses my own.

    ReplyDelete