Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26

Today's Reading

2 Kings. Jehu was a warrior. God used him to clean house. It was brutal and ugly, but God had a purpose in it. His judgment of sin can be ruthless. I have known some within the church that seem to have this warrior anointing from God; I'm pretty compassionate and at first this was hard for me, but I have come to understand that God uses them in a very special way.

Acts. Each of these places in today's passage was different from the others. Paul and his fellows were living an adventure. The people in Berea were cautious and discerning. Athens was the city where the new trends were set. Sometimes people listened with curiosity, sometimes with conviction and sometimes with rage. But the Gospel marched on!

Psalms. David, the man after God's heart, made the clear connection between walking with God and experiencing protection as well as blessings. We are not guaranteed an easy life, but we can trust in the Lord to supply our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Proverbs. I am challenged every time I read these verses. My personality is that of a "talker" and I have to keep working on being silent more.

Your thoughts today? Do you have questions?

1 comment:

  1. I have really been enjoying Acts. There is so much to learn from the early church.

    Proverbs made me cringe. Just yesterday I was telling some friends how I tend to babble when I'm nervous.

    ReplyDelete